Build Log: Part 14
This is a mini-post to host a video showing how to assemble and solder various LED types for use in the Secondary Hull (LED tape, normal LEDs, SMDs, some soldering tips). Watch at your own risk, and bring some coffee :).
Some points to note:
- When soldering, treat your pen/iron like you would a sharp knife. Anything it touches will melt if it is able to.
- The short leg of an LED is the negative (-) one, and that’s the one that gets the resistor
- Magnet wire is usually insulated, with a laquer that can be burned or sanded off (sanding is usually better)
- Test everything, any time something can change. Test it when you build it, test it when you connect it, test it when you install it. It’s much better to discover a problem earlier.
- Buy SMDs with leads attached. They’re a pain in the ass to solder leads to.
- Small solder is as good as, or better than, big solder